Lora de Estepa is one of the towns in the province of Seville with which Agro Sevilla has a special relationship. The cooperative Olivarera San José has been since the origins of Agro Sevilla contributing to the growth of the group and the socioeconomic fabric of the town. A work of more than 40 years that currently lays the foundations for a future full of challenges and opportunities.
Olivarera San José de Lora de Estepa, S.C.A.
The cooperative was born in 1958, when 22 farmers from Estepa and Lora de Estepa joined the 1838 "San José" Colonization Union Group. In 1977, it was one of the founding cooperatives of Agro Sevilla. In 1981 it became Agrarian Company of Transformation 2248 "San José" and later Olivarera San José de Lora de Estepa S.C.A., as it is named today.
Throughout time, this cooperative has evolved and modernized. Its facilities have an olive oil section and a table olive section. Regarding technology, the advances in product traceability stand out. The cooperative has been awarded different prizes, in recognition of the quality of its production, such as the "Mario Solinas" award from the International Olive Council or the award from the Diputación de Sevilla for the best olive oil in the province.
A visit to Lora de Estepa
Lora de Estepa treasures a great past. Lauro in Roman times and Al - Auriat in Arab times, this town has witnessed important historical episodes. The importance of the sites found in its area led to their preservation in the 17th century in a building in the town, the palace of D. Juan de Córdoba Centurión, which was thus established as the first museum in Andalusia.
Also of the seventeenth century is the parish church, another of the points of interest of Lora de Estepa.
The locals live intensely their festivities, among which the pilgrimage of San Marcos, on April 25, and the fair of San Miguel, this year from September 27 to 30.