A SUSTAINABLE AND RATIONAL MANAGEMENT OF AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTION
At Agro Sevilla we are very aware of the importance of ensuring the economic, environmental and social balance throughout the production process. All human activities are a great opportunity to show respect for the environment that surrounds us, and of course, agricultural activity must be a priority in the promotion of sustainability. At Agro Sevilla we comply with this principle through the integrated production system, an official certification from the Regional Government of Andalusia.
The integrated production system in Agro Sevilla
Integrated Production is the set of procedures that are applied by agricultural companies, cooperatives and industries for an efficient, sustainable and rational management of the productive environment.
Both in the domestic market and internationally, consumers are showing more and more interest in the traceability of the products they purchase. Agro Sevilla is present in more than 70 countries worldwide, so our commitment to quality throughout the production chain is even deeper.
What requirements must integrated production meet?
The Integrated Production of the Olive Grove promotes a sustainable agriculture through four compulsory requirements. They are the following:
- Natural resources must be preserved. We must optimize the use of the productive medium through technical criteria.
- There must be moderation and rationality when using resources oriented to production. These resources concern both the conservation of the environment as well as quality and food safety.
- The impact of waste derived from production must be minimized. The use of fertilizers and phytosanitary products must be reduced.
- The natural and social environment is a priority good that must be taken care of; something that is part of our values as a company.
Benefits of Integrated Production
Integrated Production provides important benefits for our social and natural environment. These advantages are classified into 3 groups:
- Benefits for consumers. Traceability provides guarantees that the food consumed is produced with environmentally friendly techniques.
- Benefits for farmers. The sustainable use of the means of production improves the profitability of farms and increases the added value of agricultural and livestock products.
- Advantages for the environment. The rural environment, the landscape, the richness of the soil and biodiversity benefit when there is a rational use of natural resources and chemical products are reduced in agricultural activity.