Chicken with Lemon and Olives
Ingredients and instructions
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup Manzanilla olives
- 2 preserved lemons, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- 1 cup parsley leaves
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 200ºC (400ºF)
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Heat a large, heavy bottomed, sauté pan over medium high heat. Add two tablespoons of olive oil to the pan. When hot, add the chicken breasts skin side down. Cook until skin is golden brown and the skin is crispy, about 4-5 minutes.
- Flip chicken breasts over, add the rosemary sprigs to the pan and place the entire pan in the oven. Cook until the chicken is just cooked through, about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pan, add the Manzanilla olives, preserved lemons, lemon juice, parsley, and about 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil to the pan—this will be the sauce.
- Divide the chicken between four plates, heat the sauce over medium heat and spoon evenly over the chicken breasts.
- Serve while hot and enjoy with a vegetable side such as roasted onions or carrots.